Movers and Shakers -- The People of Silicon Alley
* New York New Media Association co-founder Brian Horey is scaling back his activities as a partner with venture firm Lawrence, Smith and Horey to join fund management firm Tontine Partners as general partner. He'll retain portfolio responsibilities for the companies LSH bought into, and will remain an active NYNMA director and plans to act as angel investor to local startups.
* Todd Watson has taken the position of program manager for Internet advertising at IBM. He was formerly a producer with IBM software electronic marketing, and editor of the IBM e-business Web site.
* Robert Michaels, project manager at Weblations, the Web translation company, has moved from Barcelona to New York to be closer to the Silicon Alley market and clients including Agency.com.
* Brian Martin, a veteran graphics art and creative director, has joined THINK New Ideas as created director. He was the formerly the creative head at the Microsoft Network, where he worked on music programming with artists like Phillip Glass, Herbie Hancock, B.B. King, Paula Cole and Graham Nash.
* David Starr has been named to the new position of vice president, broadcast software development for AirMedia. Prior to his promotion, he served as director of development and was responsible for overseeing the development of the network operations center software for the AirMedia Live Internet Broadcast Network.
* Kathleen Sheridan has joined Nicholson|NY as media director and Michael Wexler was named director of research and management for the interactive agency. Sheridan comes over from Wunderman Cato Johnson, where she worked on interactive marketing and media planning efforts for clients including American Express, Apple Computer, AT&T, Novell, Sears, and Xerox.
* Wexler had been manager of marketing analysis for the Strategic Interactive Group in Boston. He was cofounder in Chapel Hill, NC of PC Doctors, a consulting company.
* Sue Black and Arun Bordoloi have been named chief financial officer and senior account manager, respectively, at Razorfish. Black joins Razorfish following two years as Chief Financial Officer of TBWA Chiat/Day New York. Bordoloi joins Razorfish following three years as a manager at Deloitte
& Touche Consulting Group.