FROM OUR INTERNET TIME CAPSULE AT THE HOLIDAY PARTY,
PREDICTIONS FOR 2000:
In one year from now . . .
"B2B and ASP's will take over the world"
- Alex Lynch, Partner, Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison, LLP
"A year from now we will not believe that anyone ever created a .com
consumer company without a media partner."
- Bob Lessin, Chairman and Co-CEO of Wit Capital
"In the year 2000, we will see an acceleration of the economic
revolution that the Internet is catalyzing. More Internet market
capitalization will be created in the next few years than has been
created since the birth of the Web."
- Jack Hidary, President, CEO and Co-founder, EarthWeb Inc.
"A year from now, same day delivery of products via services such
as kozmo.com and Webvan will dramatically affect existing e-commerce
leaders such as Amazon.com."
- Chris Clark, VP and General Manager, Alexander Ogilvy Public
Relations Worldwide, New York
"One year from now, there will be custom martini chips you can
plug into your USB port for a drink while surfing on the Internet."
- Courtney Pulitzer, Pulitzer Creations
"A year from now 50% of e-commerce merchants will be out of
business or out of money!"
- Jonathan Bulkeley, CEO, barnesandnoble.com
"The new media industry will be poised for a new wave of explosive
growth, in what form we don't know, so keep your eyes open."
- Cella Irvine & Connie Connors, the current and past chairs
of the NYNMA Board of Directors
- From the The New York New Media Association newlsetter